Important Update Regarding COVID-19
In the face of the evolving situation surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak, CCEE has made the following changes to its normal operations:
- CCEE offices will remain closed until further notice – During this time, CCEE staff will be working remotely and are available via email. CCEE’s office phone will not be active while offices are closed.
- All Family Financial Literacy Events set to take place in March will be postponed – We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and coordinate with LAUSD Superintendent Austin Beutner’s office to reschedule FFLE’s accordingly.
- The National Economics Challenge and Personal Finance Challenge are being evaluated both for our State Finals and the National Finals viability in an online or virtual format. More information on the program will be available by March 19th.
- The San Diego Council on Economic Education’s curriculum training, “Understanding Fiscal Responsibility,” on March 23rd at the Federal Reserve Banks will be cancelled. CCEE is working diligently to provide educators with online resources and remote programming to aid their instruction while schools are closed.
- Online Resources – Our national affiliate, the Council on Economic Education, offers webinars and resources at EconEdLink.org.
- At this time, we are planning to hold as scheduled our Economics Teacher Certification Program, July 20-24 at California State University Fullerton. We will be monitoring updates from the CDC and be in communication with CSU-Fullerton and other appropriate to inform that decision as we get closer to those dates.
We recognize that internet access is an issue for some students. Charter Spectrum is offering K-12 families free internet for two months. To enroll in the program, call 1-844-488-8395. More information can be found here.
CCEE will be sure to keep you updated if any further developments or changes occur. As always, CCEE remains committed to being an educator resource – please reach out to us if you need support or assistance with your instruction.
If you have any questions related to programs, please feel free to reach out to CCEE’s Chief Program Officer Joshua Mitton at firstname.lastname@example.org. For all other questions, please contact CCEE’s President and CEO Denise Gutierrez at email@example.com.
We wish you and your family peace and health during this challenging time.